This Hampton Nautical premium quality Captain's Sextant is a beautiful full-scale reproduction of the British Captain's 6-inch radius vernier readout brass nautical sextant. Each sextant is expertly crafted from solid brass and marked with a unique serial number. The sextant has an accurately divided German Silver scale, and a gear driven slow motion control for making small adjustments to the index arm. A powerful magnifier can be swung into position to assist in reading the vernier scale. The sextant's telescope has polished glass lenses and produces a sharp magnified image. The index mirror has three recessed adjustments. There are six tinted swing-arm filters with heavy brass filter mounts. On the back of the sextant is a hardwood handle with a thick brass plaque engraved "Hampton Nautical" and the unique serial number.
The sextant comes with a beautiful felt-lined hardwood case with an inlaid brass and the Hampton Nautical anchor with rope logo embedded into the top of this smooth and polished hardwood box. The dimensions listed are the dimensions including the box.
- Polished brass body and mechanisms
- Glass optics for a clear view (not plastic lenses)
- Fully functional sextant operates like a real navigational tool
- Solid rosewood box lined with felt to store sextant
- Brass anchor emblem inset in face of rosewood box
- Custom engraving available on large quantity orders (call us for information)
This functional sextant is crafted as a beautiful nautical décor item and is not calibrated, intended or recommended for actual navigational use